By “popular request,” we are exploring extending the dates for the trip to the Dominican Republic this summer. The trip will be moving from just over one week long to almost two weeks. Here are the updates:
• We are exploring plane tickets leaving on the 17th or 18th of June and returning approximately June 30. We will choose the date to return (give or take a day or two) that has the cheapest tickets.
• We will not know for sure on ticket prices until after people have signed up. The trip will not cost more than $1600, and hopefully will cost quite a bit under. This breaks down into approx $700 plus project $ money plus airfare. It takes more project money when we build a house for a poor family. We are praying about what God wants this group to be doing. Pray with us…and pray for cheap airline ticket prices!
• We are working with the Dominican leaders on a trip that will be similar to a mini-Discipleship training school. The schedule may change as we pray and work through, but for now the first several days, we will study in the mornings, learn choreography and drama for outreach in the afternoons. We will work on our testimonies and do street evangelism in Santo Domingo. Then we may go to Haiti for several days to work in an orphanage before returning to Santo Domingo for more ministry.
• Please sign up by Jan 29th and pay your deposit. That will help us tremendously in budgeting and making plans. Plus you get a discount off the final price when you do.
• Don’t forget the Mission Prep retreat on Feb 24 and 25.